Sunday, December 13, 2009

Whirlwind Week

So it has obviously been a while since I have put the ol' fingers to keyboard and the simple excuse is because I have been busy beyond belief. Since we last chatted, the Mr. and I took a weekend trip to his beloved Pittsburgh to attend the Pitt V. Cincinnati game. This was actually my wedding gift to him and oh how I would have loved it if the Panthers could have pulled one out for us but they lost, tragically, by one point in a game that can only be described as dishearteningly epic. By the way, it was freezing (as in hovering around the 20's and SNOWING for the entire game) As you can see by this picture below, tailgating at Pitt games actually involves ... a car ... unlike my four years tailgating on the Boulevard at SMU.

While tailgating last Saturday, I had this odd inclination to check my email. I had been subbing for the past two days for the teacher who was preparing to go on maternity leave and though she was two weeks away from her due date, I just had this feeling that her bundle of joy would be arriving early. Lo and behold, I checked my email only to discover that she had gone in to labor early that Saturday morning. My time had come! So enter in the second reason I have been missing in action ... this week has been CRAZY adjusting to my new schedule.

I don't think my husband truly grasped how hard teaching would be. And in this situation I have an unbelievable team to work with and for the most part, the lessons are totally planned out - I just have to make sure there are enough copies for my new crop of 140 students and that their assignments are graded. But never-the-less, the earliest I have made it home this past week was 6:15 PM ... and I get to school at 7:30 AM. Considering I have five, 50 minutes periods where I do nothing but stand and talk, this teaching gig is unbelievably exhausting!! But I will tell you my little secret ... at the end of the day, I walk to my car with my legs aching and feet throbbing with the voice of a man and I have never felt so fulfilled in my life. Granted I have only been teaching for 7 actual school days but I could have easily had the opposite experience where I end my day going "Get me out of here!!" So I take this as a good sign ...

Anyways - I will try my best to update this little blog better throughout this week. SO many exciting things to chat about how will I choose! My sweet sister, AEW has been accepted to The Florida State University (FSU) so woo hoo for her!! She also has her debutante ball coming up in just 6 days!! For this, Mr. SG and I will be journeying home to Florida and then will stay the week and spend it celebrating with family and loved ones.

Have a fabulous Monday everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. so glad that teaching is going well :) I am glad you have been keeping busy. Have a great last week of school before Christmas break :)

    ReplyDelete