Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Front Door Mat



Here is my front door mat - not blatantly Christmas but I really like the design. I could also use it for Valentines Day! Mr. SG was not this mat's biggest fan at first. We found it at Nordstrom Rack (the Nordstrom outlet) in their home section back in November. I think it was between $12 -$15 dollars and is the TAG brand. Anyways, he doesn't understand my need for holiday appropriate front door mats (getting the Halloween mat was quite the discussion but ultimately I won when I found one on sale). So we fought about this silly little mat while in Nordstrom - it ended when I said, "Fine ... whatever you think."
We continued on shopping in the area and as we passed the store again, I said "That really was a nice mat ... Are we really not going to have a Christmas mat?" The next week while I was at home tying up last minute wedding details, Mr. SG snuck back to Nordstrom and bought the mat in secret. It was waiting for me at home when we got back from the airport. What a nice surprise ... then I felt like a brat. But I was happy to get my festive foot wiper after all.
Thanks for the mat dear ... doesn't it look good after all??

2 comments:

  1. I like the mat!! You can use it for a few holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well that was very nice of him to go back and get it for you...that doesn't happen to me ;-)....and everyone should have mats for occasions! I actually just wrote on my list of things to buy...Christmas mat--(that was before reading this.

    ReplyDelete