Monday, November 30, 2009

December

Last night, Mr. SG and I bought our wreath. This wreath is incredibly important to me because I haven't yet been able to persuade hubby to get a tree due to the fact that we are leaving to spend Christmas with our families in just three weeks. I have always had a tree ... obviously growing up we had one and when I went to college, I had a miniature tree in my dorm, my roommate ACR and I had one in our apartment every year and when we moved into the Kappa house they had a tree! So this will be one, sad, treeless year ... But at least I get my wreath! We went to a Christmas tree lot that had some beautiful, BEAUTIFUL trees (the lot by the TCBY at Mockingbird and Abrams). And they had this glorious wreath that is made up of evergreen and boxwood - an interesting combo that I wasn't even sure I liked at first but now I am in love!

Notice my beloved wreath is not artificial ... I am a big proponent of live greenery. I don't know what it is except that growing up, our greenery was always real except for one garland on the front staircase (and that was just in case we couldn't get fresh greenery in time). I love the smell of the real thing. And even though living in Florida made it difficult to get our hands on the 'good stuff' - we always ordered from LL Bean if our typical tree lot was lacking. Anyways, here are some images below of beautiful, live winter accessories (minus one) ...
Here is some triple wreath action - I am loving the hurricanes flanking the doorway.
Here is a beautiful example of staircase swagging with a eucalyptus/evergreen combo ... I am really loving these unique greenery combos!!

These beautiful pepperberry wreaths are a fun way to have an alternative to evergreen if you don't want to deal with the sap. I love wreaths on the staircase instead of garland. But I love both ... how could I ever choose!
And finally, the holiday ball wreath. If you don't want to do evergreen then this is a great, long-lasting and allergy friendly alternative. And I think the garland in the back is some sort of faux ... I guess if Martha can do it then its ok ....

No comments:

Post a Comment