Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Arrive in Style

Early on in the wedding planning process I knew that transportation had to be about more than getting from Point A to Point B. I love a good limo - I really do -but, I have been very anti-limo until recently when I reconciled with the fact that it was the most practical transpotation option for the Lilly Bridesmaids Luncheon. But I digress ... the main point of this post is to highlight some fun nuptial transportation options if you're tired of the limo.

Having lived on the water nearly my entire life, I developed a fantasy early on in the planning process (i.e. in high school - don't judge me) that Groom and I would be transported some how on an antique Chris Craft. See below.
So when the ring was on the finger, my lovely father made a call to our good friends and former next-door-neighbors who we believed had such a boat. He called me later only to say, "Grace honey, I called them and they have a different boat ... something called a Hinckley ... they'd love to do it but would this Hinckley be alright?" You check out the photo of this beautiful boat and tell me if it would be all right ... the answer, was yes. This boat is verrryyy similar to the kind that Martha Stewart owns.

So after our church service, we are crossing the street to the Marina (yes, the church is across from a marina - isn't it fun!) and then our dear neighbors are driving us, my sister and the photographer in this beautiful boat to our reception site (The Ritz Carlton) where we will get off at the dock that enters onto the lawn on which our dinner and dancing is taking place. Now, had the boat suddenly not become an option we would have taken a vintage Rolls Royce - something like this.
For our esteemed wedding party (all 20 plus ...) we are chauffering them from the church to the Ritz in trolley! We reasoned that squeezing 10 people in per limo (thus getting two limos) to drive literally .82 miles from the church to the Ritz Carlton would be a tad ridiculous ... so in comes SRQ Trolley. Those of you who read up on wedding trends I am sure have heard of the trolley tactic, but seriously it offers a fun and creative way to transport a large group of people. And heck, if it rains you better believe Mr. SG and I will be on that trolley with everyone and will be happy to arrive in style. So in 9 days (wowza) picture me and the Mr. lounging in the beautiful boat with the sun setting behind us enjoying our first few moments of wedded bliss. I challenge any bride out there to find creative ways to transport yourself and loved ones. And please, don't get a Hummer limo ... I won't love any of you less but those beasts just don't sit right with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment