Monday, November 30, 2009

Honeymoon Recap


The Mr. and I are back from our honeymoon in Bachelor Gulch (Beaver Creek), CO. It was amazing but certainly not for the faint of heart. We were in bed by 9:30 PM each night and up by 8:00 AM ... I am sure to some people those times represent a normal bedtime and sleeping in BUT I don't usually nod off until midnight and if I have no where to be on a weekend or vacation, I am in bed until 10:00 AM!! Bottom line, at the end of the day we were exhausted!!

Skiing was pretty decent for opening weekend. Everyone right and left was complaining about the conditions (there was definitely some "packed powder") but seriously - what do you expect at the end of November people!? This was Mr. SG's first time skiing and in his words, on the first day he " wanted to kill me for dragging him out here!" The next day he was much better (even his instructor was impressed) and the by the third day, my little ski bunny was speeding down some pretty steep faces!

The hotel was amazing. The Ritz backed up to its own lift so that you could literally head downstairs, grab breakfast at Spago, walk out the back of the hotel where the Ski Valets would have your equipment ready and then voila - you hop on the lift! The Spa facilities were to-die-for and I had one of the best massages of my life. For those who know me, my life has had many massages in it thanks to my generous and homeopathic believing mother - so that's saying something about this masseuse!

The food never disappointed. We dined at Grouse Mountain Grill, Splendido, and Spago (the other two nights we canceled our reservations because we were too exhausted and just munched on the Club Floor fair).

But now we are back to Dallas-land. Husband is back to work and I am heading into the classroom because the sweet teacher I will be subbing for is due any day now! I am "on call" and fully expect to be telephoned at any hour to find out I must step in and teach these lovelies some Science for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment