Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Martha Stewart Wine

The first week back in the ol' classroom has been wonderful. The kids are generally great, I am feeling in the groove (as much as a long-term substitute can, I suppose) and I am fully taking advantage of this blessed learning experience! That being said, a girl can only get through so much before she needs a good glass of wine!

Enter, Martha Stewart.

Apparently, according to this USA Today article, MS came into the vino scene in 2007! How did I miss this??!!
Last week, while shopping at World Market, I found a bottle of her Chardonnay for around 5$ ... I was initially drawn in by the label which is stunning and reminds me of our wedding invitations ( which I have yet to post about ...) Then I saw that it was by MS and I was intrigued. But THEN I saw that it was 5$ and I was sold.

Well, I uncorked this baby and it is delicious ... I cannot believe I am drinking 5$ wine. And since the USA Today article said she was intending to sell it for 15$ a bottle, I am wondering what happened ...

As I type this I am plotting to perform an ambush on Mr. SG and ask to swing by World Market on our way to dinner with a friend tonight. Little does he know, his scheming wife intends on buying a whole case of this delicious deal (if they still have it!!!) Though he loves a good deal on wine so I am sure he will happily oblige once my plan has been revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment