Thursday, February 11, 2010

Southern Grace Wedding: Getting Ready

Sorry for missing yesterdays wedding post! Blogging just completely slipping my mind ... BUT I am back with a bang because today is Wedding Day! These pictures below are of the Bride (me) and the Groom (Mr. SG) getting ready for our big day!


Getting ready at the hotel! Little known fact about me ... I love suspenders!
Almost ready ...
All the boys looking good!


Mr. SG and his best man, and friend since he was 5 - JBB.
Picture time with his momma!!
His precious grandparents, Grandma H and Dan Dan.
Officially on their way to the wedding in the trolley!! (Mr. SG didn't actually drive ...) In the mean time, the girls were getting ready at chez Southern Grace ...


Above we are standing in my kitchen - the girls are sporting their monogrammed waffle robes - and we are snacking on finger sandwiches, fruit, quiche etc .. and obviously mimosas! I limited myself to just one which was enough to feel festive and not get woozy! My grandparents were staying with us and lovingly prepped this delectable spread for us - it was so special to have them around and added so much to the day. Overall, getting ready was super relaxed - we just lounged, munched, got our hair done and even got in some pool time out back! It was a beautiful day!!

More relaxing in my childhood room ... it was so special to be able to get ready where I grew up!

Finally getting the dress on - it was quite a task! Check out my bridesmaid ACR giving me support as I stepped in my beautiful, white wedding dress! (Romona Keveza from Stanley Korshak)


Lipstick touch ups - gotta have kissable lips!!


My beautiful sister pause for some close-up shots and sister time! She was the first to make me teary -eyed because she started to choke up during the pictures!!


Me and the girls - I loved their dresses!

Mom fluffing my veil - my sweet grandmother Gaya (pictured below) made this veil over 40 years ago for my Aunt. My mom then wore it in her wedding and now me! We all wore it different ways, representative of our decade (my mom had a ring of daisies attached to it. Below is how I did it. I found these two antique shoe buckles and wired them together on a clip - voila!! The results. The total cost was no more than 40$ ... this was one of my favorite details.


My dear grandparents, Gaya and Geedad - Geedad was another crier! Made it a bit difficult to stay composed with all of these precious people getting choked up!



STAY TUNED for tomorrow - the reception!!

1 comment:

  1. I love getting ready photos! I think they are some of the prettiest at weddings.

    ReplyDelete