Monday, February 8, 2010

Southern Grace Wedding: Bridesmaids Luncheon and Boys Day Out

Hello lovelies! As promise, this week will be filled with wedding goodies so I hope you're ready for some serious pictures!!

I figured I would walk you through the wedding weekend as if you were my guest. The festivities started Friday with the Bridesmaids Luncheon, given by me and my family at our yacht club. The attendees included my inspirational female family members including Aunts that aren't really Aunts ... (you know how we are in the South, you can't just call an adult by their first name- it has to be Aunt this or Uncle that ...). I invited old girlfriends and new girlfriends (many of whom are the wives and fiances of the groomsmen) and then of course, my flower girls and bridesmaids.

So without further adieu ....

The Lilly Pulitzer Inspired Bridesmaid Luncheon (Afterall, we are in Florida aren't we?!)

The invitation - part of the Lilly Stationary line, I took it to Write On in Sarasota, FL where they printed up the invitation information. Any Sarasota bloggers out there, Write On is the best!!

One of my favorite details - I made these little placecards using Lilly wrapping paper as the backing and then traced the dress detail from the invite onto card board - add some glue and voila! I had three tables, each named after a preppy, Florida city - Palm Beach, Sea Side and SRQ (Sarasota).

My beautiful momma and I!!

The thank you gifts for my bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid and flower girls. I gave my girlies monogrammed waffle robes to wear while getting ready on wedding day. My junior bridesmaid got the robe and some pearls to wear with her dress. My flower girls loved their Lilly Pulitzer coloring books and own little pearl necklaces.

Pink and Green flower arrangements of course! I made the table markers with some Lilly Fabric and stick on felt letters from Michaels. This is the SRQ table. I wanted them to look like little burgees so I had them on a stand that Mr. SG and I built and painted. Unfortunately, the weather was beautiful but a bit windy so I had to take them off the stand. Still cute though!

In the upper far left corner of this little scene you, you can see evidence of the little banner I made that I strung over the tables. It was a good 70 feet of tiny pink, green and aqua fabric flags fluttering in the wind.


The beautiful cake and cupcakes by Lindsey at Pastries by Design. The cupcakes have little silver charms in them that fortell the future (supposedly) of the bridemaids. My sister got the ring charm which means she's the bridesmaid who will get married next ... I hope not since she's only 18!!

While the girls were at the luncheon, the boys set sail for an afternoon boat ride! Doesn't it look like a beautiful day?!? My dad planned this afternoon with his friend, the captain of the wonderful boat that took them out. They hand sandwhiches, beer, sun and fun - a great way to unwind before the Rehersal.

Even dogs get to have a little pre-wedding fun!

The boys enjoying their R&R.

Keep checking throughout the week for more wedding pics!!

(Photography by Katie Beyer)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a Bridal Luncheon, Wedding, and Reception you had. Everything is absolutely first class and adorable! I am enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete