Monday, March 29, 2010

Mad Men and Barbie

Attention all Mad Men fans ... Collector's Edition Mad Men Barbies will hit the shelves this July. They are expected to retail for about $75 and can be purchased at BarbieCollector.com.


AMCTV.com reports that,

"Gracefully molded of Silkstone®, a material that resembles the look and weight of porcelain, each doll is stylized in iconic costumes from the series, and comes with accessories true to their show counterparts. Don Draper wears his classic, polished red-lined suit and comes accessorized with a hat, overcoat and brief case; Betty Draper's classic look is captured with unparalleled detail, from her faux pearl necklace to her pumps; Joan Holloway looks chic in a purple skirt suit and perfectly styled coif with her staple accessory - a pen necklace; and Roger Sterling is looking dapper in his monogrammed shirt."

Since I don't have any little girls to "give" these dolls to ( i.e. buy them because I want them and have a legitimate excuse) I'll have to find a creative excuse to get one of these beauties this summer. My choice would probably be Joan because it reminds me of the original Barbie that my grandmother had for us to play with.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Mad Men to come back this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment