Thursday, August 13, 2009

Salvation Army

These days, I am in love with the Salvation Army. In preparation for the wedding I have been scouring thrift stores for unique silver pieces like trays, trophies, revere bowls and julep cups. What is more southern than a great piece of silver!
Everytime I go to the Salvation Army on Inwood in Dallas, I come away with tons of great pieces! But this shopping has opened my eyes to more than just silver - I found some fabulous blue and white salad plates, 10 for just $6!! I scooped up two awesome vintage pieces that I promptly put to use last night. (Pictures to come ...) A great old glass that I repurposed as a vase and a 50's fabulous tray that I used as a coaster for a condensating water pitcher at a casual dinner with a friend of ours, Brett. (Shout out to my first follower!)
But truly, the Salvation Army and St. Vincents Thrift Store in Dallas have become my favorite new hot spots! I have found so many fun items not just for the wedding but for the house and for me! I encourage you to get creative and see what you can find at your local thrift store - you can be southern, chic and cheap all at the same time.

Stay Chic,

HSG

No comments:

Post a Comment