Thursday, August 20, 2009

Target

Apparently I didn't get the memo, but you must wear spandex to the Lake Highlands Super Target if you intend to shop around noon during the week. Seriously, the population during this hour was primarily women, some with young children in tow, and 90% of said group were wearing black, spandex athletic pants! I looked out-of-place in my dark wash denim skirt. (This time I was the dad at the meat counter!) Note to self: Must wear black, spandex athletic pants if I want to fit in ...

Target, or "Tar -jhey" as my mother used to pronounce it, is like heaven-on-earth. It never fails that if I walk in for dish soap I will come out with a new dress, salad plates, wrapping paper and possibly the original dish soap if I remember. This habit of buying extraneous items can be traced to back-to-school trips with mom and dad. With school supply list in hand, we would swear to buy only necessary items and inevitably walk out with a picture frame I couldn't live without, the latest CD and a bathing suit - items that certainly weren't on the list sent home by St. Stephen's Episcopal School.

So today as I made my way to Super Target I told myself that I would stick to the list. We needed groceries and household goodies like an additional laundry basket and more dog bones. Well the moment I saw a miniature cardboard school bus filled with Macintosh apples I was done for. Lucky for you I can spread the wealth.





I snatched up these precious, preppy sleep shorts - 2 for $10!! Can you believe it? These darlings are perfect for your favorite college freshman or yourself! I encourage you to run, not walk, to your nearest Target before these lovelies are all gone!

Aside from preppy sleep shorts I did make a few more discoveries at Target. Since I have had more time on my hands, I have had the luxury of price comparison shopping and have found that for the most part, 100 calorie packs of things are much cheaper at Target. Especially the 100 calorie packs of candy like M&M's and Sour Patch Kids. They come in packs of 5 for only $2.44 (Great for the movies by the way ...) And the Organic Milk is much more affordable at Target than at Tom Thumb. Even some of the produce! So for those of you who find yourself with more time on your hands than normal, take the opportunity to do some price comparisons! A penny saved ...

Stay Chic,

HSG

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great publicity about Target! haha...I have those same pj shorts=-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Target! Love the shorts... you better believe there will be more Target posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete