Sunday, October 25, 2009

Engagement Shoot

So I disappeared for a little while because this whole "Bride" thing can be a little time consuming. Mr. SG and I went home to good ole' Florida for a bit to attend a Lobster Bake Couples Shower that was thrown by the parents of my dear friend and MOH, SVB. It was positively smashing. Every detail was amazing - the lobster was delicious, the decor was adorable and the favor (homemade blueberry jam) was superb.

While at home, Mr. SG and I finally took some engagement shots with a photographer who is a friend of my mothers, Billy. We shot for over 5 hours at multiple locations around Sarasota. Below you'll see some of our favorite shots. We had an absolute blast. Time flew by and even Mr. SG (who I was worried about wilting a little bit during such a long shoot) thought that it felt like an hour. The bathing suit shot was taken at some retro looking cabanas on Siesta Key. The picnic varieties were taken on the grounds of the Phillipi Creek Mansion (it was verrryyy windy there!). The Vespa shots were taken on my mom's Vespa in our neighborhood. And the rest were taken around our house and on our dock.

This photographer is incredibly talented - none of these photographs have been photo shopped or airbrushed (though he'll do it if you want him to). He is a master at picking the rights spots, poses and light to maximize the potential for the best shots.

Follow this link to his blog if you'd like to find out more about his work.

http://encompasscreative.net/blog/

Otherwise ENJOY out photos and tune in this week because I am baaccckkkk from wedding world. Well, sort of .... 20 days until I become a Mrs !!!












2 comments:

  1. Yay--an update! I love the photos, they are perfect! You both look so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pictures of the two of you! I love the ones on the Vespa (Is it a Vespa? I'm not sure - but I love it)1

    ReplyDelete