Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bachelorette

We have made it to October and boy have these months flown by. October brings for Mr. SG and I so many fun events kicked off by my Bachelorette party! My lovely bridesmaids have come together and planned what is going to be a wonderful day of girly fun here in Dallas. Most of the details are a surprise to me which is so incredibly fun. But what i do know is that we're starting off with a luncheon of sorts, then moving on to a Spa afternoon and ending up parting our ways at the SMU v. TCU game in Ft. Worth.

This just shows you that Bachelorette parties come in all shapes and sizes. Not everyone has to end up bar hopping. If an afternoon affair is more your style then do it! I was talking to my wedding planner today and she reminded me of the movie "The Wedding Date" which I happen to love. If you've seen it then you probably remember the Hen Party (the British term for Bachelorette Party) where the girls dressed up in sexy and cute golf and tennis attire. So those of you charged with planning your Bride's Bachelorette, think about how you can make it uniquely tailored to the Bride and everyone's style. It doesn't always have to be Vegas or Vegas -eqsue (though that's where Mr. SG had his Bachelor Party ... )

Something I like for birthday parties and really any party is a fun theme. When my friend CLK turned 22 we celebrated with an 80's style Whirly Ball party. If that sounds like your Bride then look up a something like Whirly Ball, bowling, roller skating, etc .. and hearken back to a carefree fun time when our birthday parties were spent gliding around an ice rink and snatching up a goody bag filled with whistles, candy and pogs. (remember pogs?) Below is a (somewhat racy) pic from The Wedding Date where she's wearing her Golf outfit for the bachelorette - you barely see her argyle knee socks ... how cute!

So thank you to my wonderful bridesmaids and friends - I am so excited about this weekend! And my blogger loves, I might be out of pocket for a few days since I am entertaining house guests (Bridesmaids KMP and SVB) but we'll see!!

Stay Chic,

HSG

1 comment:

  1. Hope you've had a fun bachelorette weekend with your friends! Wish the SMU/TCU game had been a little sunnier (in several ways - LOL).

    ReplyDelete