Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Monogrammed Madness

Today's post is monogrammed themed because all three things on my mind have to do with monogramming!!

1) At our Target, women's crew neck sweatshirts are on sale for $6. I scooped up a white one and am having it monogrammed in navy. Since it is starting to get cold, I figured I could add a little prep to my step by wearing a monogrammed sweatshirt when out walking scout on a chilly morning! But the most exciting part is that I am going to have it monogrammed with my new, post-marital initials!

2) Now that the wedding gifts have started to pour in, I ordered stationary with our new monogram. My stationary expert suggested that we do this and write thank yous as they come in but send them out the day after the wedding. I had been writing the notes as they came on my personal stationary but now we are going to switch to this tactic. The stationary came in today and I was so excited to the the very first thing with our new monogram and sadly they were the wrong size! As I opened the box and saw how positively microscopic they were, I said to Scout "What is this, a thank you note for ants?!" Making Zoolander references to the dog is a sign that I need to get a life ... Anyhow, I somehow ordered 2" x 3" cards which are tiny!! We'll still be able to use them as gift enclosures but now I have to order more in the correct size!!

3) I ordered my monogrammed decal to put on my pink and green drink tub for the Lilly Bridesmaids Luncheon. I am having a "Juice Bar" as a nod to the famous shifts dress' origins. So I am ordering two decals (one for each tub) to preppy-fy the tubs. Of course, I am doing it in my new monogram (for practical purposes so that I can use it again post nuptials).

Picture courtesy of JustStuffItGifts.com

P.S. If you are looking for a fun shower theme for your Southern Bride or Southern Mommy-to-Be then why not throw a monogram shower! Think of all the fun party supplies you could have, not to mention all of the fabulous fun gifts for the lucky Southern Gal!

Stay Chic,

HSG

4 comments:

  1. Love all of the monogrammed stuff! What a great idea to monogram the sweatshirt for cool mornings - that would be sure to cheer me up on a frosty day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it SO fun to get things with your new monogram? Some of the wedding gifts that I loved the most were the ones we had monogramed! These are great ideas and I'm really inspired to head to target and do the same!

    ReplyDelete