Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow ...

So I have been a bad blogger but for someone with a sizeable amount of time on my hands, I have been alarmingly busy with wedding stuff. Some days it seems like I go from one phone call to another - bouncing around modifications and requests and people who didn't RSVP! It really is amazing at how much time the little things take. I am very grateful to be able to put thought into this special day and to have the time to be at my best as a hostess.

Tonight on the agenda while Mr. SG is in class, is wine sampling with dear friend and bridesmaid, CLK later on at the Hamlin -Williams household, to make some decisions on the vino for the carving party next week. I am packing for our trip back to sunny Florida for our Lobster Bake themed couples shower! The parents of SVB, my MOH alongside sweet sister AEW, are hosting said fete at their lovely home and personally cooking lobster for 40 of our wedding party, family and friends! They are wonderfully generous and champion party throwers. I am thinking about wearing a Target dress that I have already taken it for a "test run" at the New Members reception for Slipper Club (a social & philanthropy club here in Dallas). It is comfortable, flattering and great for Fall! I am sooo excited about the shower - I will hopefully remember to post pics!

But before all that I have a haircut!! It has been too long and now it is too long (haha) and as a consequence is easily tangled. So I am going in for a trim. But this cut has got me thinking seriously about my post-wedding locks. Many ladies do a big chop after the nuptials. I don't necessarily want to do that, however my hair has been lacking a certain "je ne sais quois" lately. Really though I know what it is lacking and that is a good shape!! It is just blah! But Mr. SG loves it long (don't most men seem to feel this way??) and many of my friends gasp in horror when I suggest removing inches ... but we'll see. For now this type of style below pictured on two of my absolute LEAST favorite celebrities, is what I am thinking about ...



After November 14th, I think I am feeling more of the Lauren Conrad style - her color is somewhat similar to mine even though I am a little darker. Ah the things to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment