Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm a gleek!

My new obsession ... glee on Fox!! Normally it would come on Fox on Wednesday but tonight some baseball thingy is on instead (I kid ... I know its the World Series). Anyways, I found this show a little late but better late than never I always say!. For those of you who haven't found this fabulous show yet I encourage you to give it a go. And those of you who are skeptical, here are a few reasons to love it!

1) The Music

If you've never heard of it, "Glee Club" is typically a high school program that performs (dances and sings) at a competitive level. This particular version of Glee incorporates modern songs like (Usher's Confessions) with Broadway staples (think Cabaret) and song Classic Rock (Journey, yes please!). There is something for every taste - The Thong Song was even performed! My personal favorites were Carrie Underwood and Jordan Sparks. I love musicals, but I think even those of you who fall asleep during musicals like dear friend SVB (though she has gotten better) will love this show!If you don't believe me, check out the following reasons.

2) The Clothes

Not all of the clothes are good, there is some Aeropostal and such ... But there are some great prepsters i.e. Rachel Berry, the lead female vocalist. The only consistent thing that I love about Rachel's wardrobe is that she frequently wears socks with her penny loafers. Very classic - very prep. Emma Pilsbury is my favorite though. She looks like JCrew, Talbots (the good stuff) and Anthropologie had a baby. Emma wears broaches and cardigans like its her job. If I didn't already love teaching I'd go into the profession just to try and look like her! The only other noteworthy clothes that I can think of are the football uniforms ... its okay people, all of the actors playing high school jocks are actually older than me in real life so my drooling is legal ... see reason number three...

3) Finn Hudson

You may not know this about me but I rarely get crushes. In real life I have had maybe seven ... that's not a lot. Think about it ladies, that includes those days when we had as many crushes as we did Teddy Grahams. There are many "heart throbs" who I do not find too terribly appealing. I don't get the whole Orlando Bloom thing ... I just don't ... I mean I know he's technically attractive but that "spark" is missing for me. My celebrity crushes have tended to be directly related to the characters they portray. For example, I fell in love with Heath Ledger when he played a soldier from the American Revolution in The Patriot. I'm a sucker for uniforms ... I love Prince William in spite of his bald spot because he is a Prince. Titles are sexy - get on it gentlemen! And for some unknown reason I love Robert Pattinson because I have a thing for Vampires ... uh, just kidding. Actually I don't know why I like him - maybe its the brooding, I'm-obsessed-with-you vibe ... who knows ... Anyways, back to Finn - my newest crush. I am obsessed with a capital O ... Obsessed. His boyish looks (he's 27 in real life so relax), his football uniform, the fact that he is secure enough to be the lead singer of Glee Club AND the quarterback ... so many reasons. But see reason numero uno below .. ahh ... his face ... adorable and as far as I can tell from the episodes he is tall which is incredibly important to me as a member of the "Tall Girl Club"

So darlings, even though baseball is taking over tonight, next week tune into FOX at 9 PM Eastern 8 PM Central, I hope you will take my recommendation seriously! And in advance, you're welcome ...

No comments:

Post a Comment