Monday, September 14, 2009

Classroom Chic

I have mentioned that this past summer I was a camp counselor at a local science camp which was a blast. The director of the camp is a teacher at a neighboring middle school. Until my substitute papers process she has been kind enough to let me sit in and observe her classes. Today was the first day I went in and it was amazing! Getting up earlier in the morning was easy-as-pie because the thought of where I was going was exciting - that's how camp was too! If getting up earlier than 7 a.m. is easy, I take it as a good sign. After observing her, I feel energized and a little more confident that I'll have some new tools in my chest when I step in the classroom in a matter of weeks! She is a great person to learn from and has such a wonderful, lighthearted demeanor that I can tell makes her a likable teacher.


The kids in the classroom seem great - very "with it" and overall good students. Aside from their scholastic talents I couldn't help but notice some great back to school accessories! The back pack du jour for the young ladies was a Vera Bradley like this:

I was happy to see some Sperry's - these were my favorites of the day.
Then I spied one of my favorite accessories - binders in these prints! Just this weekend I purchased the blue option to house my eight-weeks-till-wedding-day notes and information. This gal was rocking an eco-friendly and incredibly chic binder options for a middle school student. These binders and other desk accessories can be found at your local Target. The brand is called Greenroom and they have some other wonderful prints. The material is 100% recyclable, the ink is soy-based and the price tag is great at around 3$. Go get some before its too late!


Stay Chic,
HSG

No comments:

Post a Comment