Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The September Issue

Well I officially am marrying the most wonderful man around ... sorry ladies. I randomly insisted that I wanted to make tonight a date night and tack a movie on to an already planned dinner. So I chose the September Issue - the documentary featuring Anna Wintour and the planning/execution of the September issue of Vogue.




I love fashion and though I might rock the "Errand Chic" look in Nike "Tempo Tracks" ... I love love love fashion.




The pages of Vogue very much direct the looks of the interior design world. If the editorials feature equestrian style boots and Scottish heritage plaids you can feel confident that a similar vibe will make its way into Architectural Digest. So I feel that fashion design and interior design are inextricably linked! But we can all agree this isn't a "manly Movie" - whatever that means ... But as we left the Angelika Film Center he said "That was really good." So I guess it wasn't too tortuous. Though I have to confess, this particular cinema sells beer and wine for patrons so perhaps the invitation to bring in a glass of vino aided in his appreciation for the film. Upon exiting we were accosted with an invitation to a Private Movie Screening of an action film (apparently it is legit and has famous actors, etc ...) so I guess Karma decided that one film about fashion for dutiful fiances equals one free action movie.

So my chic readers I encourage you to see this film. It was funny, interesting, and eye candy. My favorite "character" was Grace Coddington. No, it wasn't because we share the same, fabulous name. It was because she was endearingly sarcastic and knew how to handle Anna (coincidentally my sisters name?) with "Grace". Her talent for styling and for producing engaging and intelligent story lines for Vogue took our breath away. I say "our" because Mr. SG would occasionally take a sharp inhale and say "Wow" to some of her shoots. They truly were art.


Stay Chic,


HSG

No comments:

Post a Comment