Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Never again will I drive in New Jersey ...

Hello chickadees ... are we all rested (or more tired) after Labor Day weekend? Mr. SG and I had yet another out-of-town weekend while we traveled to New Jersey for NLB and TNB 's wedding. We got to see so many of our wonderful friends and it was sad to say goodbye. Like I mentioned on Friday, we stopped in Princeton, NJ to stay with SVB. Her new place is just adorable!! Her blend of DIY projects and Pottery Barn classics created a tailored and sweet look with the right amount of cozy thrown in there. On Saturday, SVB's brother, WCB and girlfriend TMS joined up with us. TMS and I hit the road to make it to the shore in time for the bridesmaids luncheon. In order to do this, I had to drive our incredible rental car (a 2010 mustang complete with leather interior) on the mean streets of Jersey ... absolutely insane. I may or may not be receiving a ticket for driving through a toll without paying (there were NO attendants and I only had bills!!) and it is safe to say that I need a massage after trying to figure out where we were! But we made it, arrived almost on-time and had a lovely brunch at the most beautiful restaurant, Avenue, which was in Pier Village. The bride, NLB, was rockin' some amazing shoes and was positively glowing! The luncheon was hosted by the groom's mother and grandmother and they were as gracious and as thoughtful as always. We returned to Princeton safely due to some great team work, and TMS and I were happy the boys were the ones driving to our hotel later that evening. The next day was wedding day and we ventured back to the shore to the very same restaurant for another delicious brunch. Here is Mr. SG and I (above) and WCB and TMS (below) posing on the boardwalk.

That evening we put on our finest and made our way to the ceremony and reception site - a beautiful river house that hosted views of happy seagulls, sea oats bending in the wind and of course a beautiful river. But none of that beauty could take away from the stunning bride, NLB. I think all of the guests would agree that the night was a wonderful success and the newlyweds are a great couple who deserves all the best life has to offer them. We were honored to be a part of their special day. The picturebelow is us on the left, TMS and WCB on the end and Mr. SG's best man (and the best man in this wedding since the groom was his brother!) JBB and his wife MHB who was a bridesmaid, in the middle.

On Monday, after dropping off WCB and TMS at the airport, we drove into NYC to walk around and grab a quick bite to eat before our plane took off later that evening. I swear to you, driving in NYC was easier than NJ. We found a free parking space in Tribeca easy-as-pie and had a wonderful Prosciutto i Parma pizza at Bread later that night. I was sad to see our sweet mustang go as we hopped onto the Air Train to head to our terminal, but I was also resolved that never again would I drive in NJ ... thank heavens for trains!

I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as we did.

Stay Chic,

HSG

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun seeing you both! Too many people per square inch in Jersey! I agree about the traffic...awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic is always a disaster there, but looks like you had a great weekend! Just found your blog and am excited to read more!!

    ReplyDelete